Cape Town Attorneys Association
The CTAA is the largest voluntary association of attorneys in the Western Cape.
About the CTAA and where it all started.
Origins of the CTAA
what we do
The Cape Town Attorneys Association note and respond to legislative proposals impacting on its members and have representatives on various bodies operating both in the private and public space. The CTAA have represented members for decades and frequently engage directly with the Legal Practice Council and Judiciary on all issues affecting members.
The Cape Town Attorneys Association’s professional work is conducted through specialist committees drawn from the association’s membership. The committee meet monthly to discuss pending legislation, law reform and practice issues in their respective fields. These specialist committees provide unique expertise and have regularly influenced the law reform activities for the benefit of members.
The CTAA have specialist committees in the following areas:
• Commercial Law (CIPC, Finance, Regulation)
• Employment Law (Labour Courts, CCMA)
• Deeds Office (Conveyancing)
• Master Office (Deceased Estates, Insolvency)
• Litigation (High Court, Magistrates Court)
• Legal Practice Act (Rules & Regulation)
• Marketing (Networking, Social and Communications)